Project Designer / Project Architect – Interiors
We are seeking a capable, intermediate-level Project Designer / Project Architect to join our Interiors group. The selected candidate will work as a key part of a design team on all phases of project development (from planning and concept through design, FF+E selection, and construction documents) for high-profile residential, cultural, education, and healthcare interiors projects.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- 5-8 years’ relevant professional experience working on high profile interior architecture projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate a small project (or defined portion of a larger project) from concept through construction documentation.
- Experience with materials selection, specification and detailing.
- Strong aesthetic sense and design sensibility.
- Familiarity with architectural and interior details, finish materials, and furnishings.
- Experience with furniture specification and working with furniture dealers. Contract furniture experience is preferred.
- Capable of working well independently, as well as with architecture teams.
- Outstanding graphic, 3D presentation, production, and technical skills.
- Self-started who is focused, articulate, well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency with Revit; familiarity with other 3D software and Adobe Design Suite.
- Familiarity with NYC Building code as applied to interior architecture.
- NYS Architectural Registration or NCIDQ preferred.