Completed in 1903, the former Public School 186 located in Harlem was designed by architect C.B.J. Snyder, Superintendent of School Buildings for the New York City Board of Education from 1891 to 1923. Vacated by the school system in the late 1970s, and purchased by the Boys and Girls Club of Harlem in the 1980s, the building is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The existing 5-story building is being converted into mixed-income mixed-use development. The original Italian Renaissance Revival style exterior will be restored, along with character-defining interior features. After the transformation, the building will include approximately 80 apartments and a new Boys & Girls Club facility. The project is participating in the Enterprise Green Communities program to provide sustainable, environmentally friendly, affordable homes.