This 4-story building was originally built as a school in 1907 and subsequently converted in 1986 to an affordable, senior residence. The lower levels contain community and performance space. The current scope of work includes phased, targeted interior renovations and extensive exterior restoration: windows replacement and restoration, masonry restoration, roof replacement. Special care was taken to preserve and restore the clock tower, ornamental sheet metal work, glazed terra cotta and brick masonry and to restore the existing 12-foot tall auditorium windows. Listed on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places, the design of exterior elements was reviewed and approved by New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (SHPO) and the Town of North Hempstead Historic Landmarks Preservation group.