Dattner Architects’ Associate Wei Wang has been named the New York State Young Architect Representative (YAR) within AIA National’s Young Architects Forum (YAF) program. She has also been selected as the Committee on the Environment (COTE) liaison for YAF.
The YAF program is organized to help emerging designers address important issues and serves as a collective voice for recently licensed architects. YAF’s mission is to:
- Engage recently licensed architects in leadership to become agents of change within the profession
- Inspire professional growth among recently licensed architects through camaraderie and networking
- Advocate for issues of particular relevance to recently licensed architects
- Serve to make AIA memberships meaningful to recently licensed architects through programs and services
- Promote mentorship at all career stages to enhance personal growth, community involvement, and professional development
As YAF’s New York State representative, Wei will be an advocate for recently licensed designers at the local, state, and national levels as well as the bi-directional conduit of information from National to State; State to Local; and vice versa — providing monthly and bi-monthly update reports.
COTE is an AIA Knowledge Community working for architects, allied professionals, and the public to achieve climate action and climate justice through design. As YAF’s COTE liaison, Wei will attend monthly COTE Leadership Group meetings, provide updates on YAF activities, identify collaboration opportunities and resource needs, and engage with the Next Generation Working Group. She will also participate in YAF coordination and communicate opportunities at the national level.
“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to represent the next generation of architects as the Young Architect Representative for New York State and the Committee on the Environment liaison for YAF, allowing me to collaborate with like-minded professionals to drive positive change in our industry. With sustainability and equity at the forefront of our goals, the AIA provides an ideal platform for us to translate these aspirations into tangible action. As the YAR, I am committed to fostering cross-disciplinary engagement and promoting innovative ideas that will transform the way we design and build. I look forward to working closely with YAF and COTE to advance our shared mission and make a meaningful impact in our communities.” — Wei Wang AIA, LEED AP BD+C